Easy peasy fish fingers!
Fantastic fish fingers!
Making your own fish fingers is so easy and so much fun! Give this childhood classic a go – you will be amazed at how easy and how healthy they are!
- 500g of skinless white fish e.g. cod or haddock or pollack 100g ground almonds (or cooked quinoa or breadcrumbs if prefer no nuts)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of garlic or onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- Chopping board and knife
- 2 bowls
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan assisted (200c non-fan assisted)
- Lay the fish on a chopping board and carefully slice into fish finger size chunks
- Crack the egg in a bowl and whisk with a fork
In a different bowl mix the ground almonds, garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Lay some parchment paper on a baking tray and place it near you so you can easily transfer the fish fingers onto it
- Now for the really fun part! Roll each piece of fish in the egg mixture and then the almond mixture and then place it on the baking tray. Repeat until you have used up all of the fish
- Pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes until nice and golden
- Cook your favourite veggies while they are in the oven - maybe investigate what’s in season and choose your favourites
- Serve with a big squeeze of lemon and lots of love!