Not only is this a delicious recipe, but the satay sauce also doubles up as a delicious dip for vegetables! Double win. Plus children will have lots of fun using a rolling pin to bash the chicken!
- Grate the rind of the lime and finely chop the garlic clove
Mix the rind, garlic, honey, soy sauce, peanut butter and half of the lime juice in a bowl - if it is very thick add a splash of water
- Place around half the mixture into a saucepan and leave the rest in the bowl to use as your marinade
- Next use a rolling pin to bash the chicken until it is about 1 inch thick
- Cut the chicken into long strips around 1 inch wide and mix the strips into your marinade sauce. Pop the bowl in the fridge for 10-15 minutes
- Make the satay sauce by adding the coconut milk to your saucepan with the mixture in and gently heat and stir for 10 minutes
- Either thread the pieces of chicken onto skewers or place them straight on a baking tray lined with foil. TIP: if using skewers run them under cold water for a few minutes to reduce burning when they are under the grill
Grill for 15 mins until golden and crispy, turning half way through
- Serve with rice and lots of green veggies that can be dipped into the yummy satay sauce!