6 small pancakes
With just 5 ingredients, these easy and yummy pancakes are a lovely way to start the day. Serve with Greek yogurt (or dairy free alternative) and lots of strawberries!
- 200g strawberries (100g for the batter and 100g for decorating)
- 100ml milk (1/2 cup)
- 100g oats (1 cup)
- 1 banana
- 1 egg (or 1 tbsp of chia seeds or flax seeds)
- Greek yogurt to serve (or dairy free alternative)
- Chopping board and knife
- Measuring scales
- Non-stick frying pan
- dairy (optional)
- Measure out 100g of strawberries
Add them to your blender jug with the milk, oats, banana and egg
- Whizz until smooth
- Heat your frying pan on a medium heat - if it isn’t a non-stick pan then add a little coconut oil or butter to prevent sticking
- Pour 3 small circles of your batter into the frying pan as shown in the picture
- Flip after 3-4 minutes using a spatula - if they are still sticky and difficult to flip then let them cook for another minute
- When they are golden on each side pop your cooked pancakes on a plate to cool and repeat step 5 and 6 with the remaining mixture
- Now cut up the remaining strawberries into heart shapes (or any shape you like!) - you can use cutters or a blunt knife for this
- Plate up your pancakes and decorate them with your heart strawberries!
- Serve with Greek yogurt (or dairy free alternative). These pancakes can also be stored in the fridge for a couple of days - they make great fingerfood!
Fun fact! Did you know that when you cuddle someone you love, you release a hormone called oxytocin?! This hormone helps us feel happy, safe and can even help relieve pain! So cuddle the people you love as often as you can…it’s good for you!