Eco-friendly paint activity!
A few recent activities in our kits can be decorated with paint (making a leaf silhouette, making Christmas tree decorations etc), so we created an eco-friendly homemade paint recipe! It's super simple and made from kitchen cupboard ingredients.
This recipe makes 300g of eco paint. You can make it all in one colour, or make smaller amounts of different coloured paints by dividing the paint into smaller pots before adding your colouring.
- Water (100ml+)
- Plain white flour (70g)
- Salt (150g)
- Food colouring, or try ingredients from your kitchen (add extra water for powders):
- Pink/Purple: beetroot water
- Yellow: turmeric
- Red/Orange: paprika
- Green: spirulina
- Mixing bowl and spoon
- A jam jar or a few smaller pots
- Mix the flour, salt and water in a mixing bowl until smooth
- Add more water until you get your desired paint thickness - it should run off the spoon evenly
- Spoon the mixture into your jam jar / pots and slowly add and mix in your chosen colouring until you reach your preferred shade
Here at Little Cooks Co HQ we try to see...
Knowing how to feed ourselves is one of the most...
Cooking with your little cook should be fun for both of...